Monday, July 6, 2009

aannnd we're off!

yeah, We're pregnant!!!! hehe it's absolutely a freaking miracle!!

So here's how I found out...

Went into the clinic on Thursday morning the 2nd at 6:45 to get my yearly done before work. I asked them to go ahead and just do a pregnancy test real quick cuz I was late, but that's nothing new, because of my PCOS, so it was just a formality, I had absolutely no idea that it would come up positive. So I do my thing, the nurse does her thing, and I'm just sitting in the room waiting for them to come in, say it's negative and get on with stuff. Well I hear alittle noise from the room she's in and then she comes in and says It's positive!!! Holy Crap, utter shock!!! jaw dropped and I'm like are you sure??? she brought me in to see it and said the line just jumped out! no waiting, boom it was there!!! So I'm totally freaking out, crying, hugging her and just generally in shock! :) So, I left, still in shock and drove out to chris's work. He knew that I was going to the dr that morning, and that I was late, but again, we've gone through that so many times. So I called him as I was turning in the parking lot and told him to come outside and I said "Weelll" and he said what, and I just looked at him and he said Your Pregnant?? and I said Yup!! :):) I think he handled the news quite well! :)

So the rest of the day was spent calling everybody and telling them the news. I know some people prefer to wait, but not me!!

As for my bad addictions, starting that day I've had 2 soda's a day and 1 to 2 ciggs a day. I'd say I'm doing pretty well!! Today I'm gonna do my damnedest not to have any ciggs. I know little 2.0 & daddy would appreciate that. :)

I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow the 7th. I'll let everybody know how it went. :)

Until later, think happy, positive thoughts for us!! :):)

btw, Chris came up with the nickname 2.0 and I think for us it's very fitting!! In computer language it basically means, it's the next version of us! hehe

5 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited to be gma once more your right I never thought it would happen, what a special gift the best of all in the whole wide world being a mommy and gotta admit I'm super duper into the gma thing as well. Kyda and Chris your life will never be the same in an awesome way. Just wish I was closer but with all the tech stuff out there I'll manage I guess. CONGRATS Nanny Jeanne as Olivia calls me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the most wonderful and the most difficult ride of your life, parenthood. It's worth every second. Just thinking about 2.0 makes me smile. I can't wait to hold that baby.
    xoMOMxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do that "Blog" thing.,. and if you post a video please warn me first!!! Enjoy the ride. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll can't believe I'll be a Great Grandma for the second time. I didn't think you would ever get pregnant and I am soooo glad for both of you.
    Your life will be changed forever. The change will be different but you will adjust and will have the time of your life.
    Love Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyda & Chris - I'm so happy for you. How neat - was just wondering the other day if you were going to have a family. Your such a neat couple.
    Congrats.........Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete